Assembly of God Blogs Recent Posts

Monday

B.O.W. Award for the Week of 8/18-8/24


1. What is the title of your blog?
Beloved Mama AND Beloved Mama Prays


2. What is your blog’s address?
http://belovedmama.blogspot.com/ AND http://belovedmamaprays.blogspot.com/


3. Tell us about yourself.
My name is Christelle. I currently live in the Northwest where my husband teaches high school history and coaches soccer at a Christian school while I take classes on the side, attend playgroup with my toddler, attend soccer practices with my 2 older boys, and try to stay as involved as I can in their lives. At this time in my life, my family is my number 1 priority and I don't want to ever regret not spending enough time with them. I am originally from San Diego, CA and had the opportunity to work at my home church for 5 years first as a ministries assistant, Women's Ministries Director and was honored to spend a year as a sectional WM's director just before moving to the NW. I absolutely loved using my creative giftings during that time in my life. I just returned from a long road trip visiting friends and family in the midwest. During the trip, we made a brief stop at North Central Bible College: the place where I met the love of my life. It was fun to take a trip back on memory lane and share our experiences with our boys. Hubby is an MK from Nairobi, Kenya where his parents taught at the Bible College. WE are fairly certain that we were drawn to each other first because of our love for warm weather (San Diego & Kenya!) My family is the best gift God could have ever given me!


4. What do you blog about the most?
I tend to blog all over the place. Sometimes I blog my conversations with God, other times, I might tell a story about one of my boys or husband, other times I might talk about a family adventure. Sometimes, I even hold a PARTY blogger style!


5. Do you have any other blogs that you write or co-write?
After feeling a nudge of the spirit to make my blog more about Christ, I started a prayer blog. I had realized that many ladies were developing a sense of community with their bloggy buds and many had prayed for each other through big and small storms. I asked a team of ladies to join me in praying for requests that come our way- these ladies represent many denominations and they are committed to praying for the needs of others.


6. When did you start blogging?
I've always been a journal writer. When myspace became huge, I started blogging through them, but officially started Beloved Mama exactly one year ago August!


7. What or who prompted you to start blogging?
I felt God speaking to my heart to tell my story. When I first started, I didn't realize the community that people had developed through the bloggy world- discovering this has inspired me to continue in blogging.


8. How did you learn about Assembly of God Blogs?
I saw several of Sharon's postings during the blog revelation at General Council. I think I then popped over to her blog and posted some comments. She then told me about her vision for starting a brand new Blog Ring and I've been a member since the beginning! I love that she is bringing us all together in this way. The blog ring is creating unity amongst AGers. My heart is for community amongst not only AGers but all Christians. The blogosphere has become an amazing avenue for bringing us all together.


9. What has blessed you the most about Assembly of God Blogs?
The sense of community, meeting other ladies who have gone through similar trials, meeting others who I can rejoice with. I am so blessed to have met some amazing Assemblies of God bloggers who are willing to share their hearts. I am also blessed that many have prayed for me and have allowed me to pray for them.


10. Is there anything that you would like to add?
Praise God for the unity that is being created through this amazing Blog Ring!

~      ~      ~      ~      ~      ~      ~      ~      ~      ~      ~
Christelle's blog was nominated by Jenni over at Big Weiss Blog

Jenni wrote:
"I want to nominate Beloved Mama at http://belovedmama.blogspot.com/

The fact that the site promotes prayer and updates frequent prayer requests is such a blessing!  The internet is deemed as having so many negatives; but through ministries like A/G blogs we are able not only to shine our lights, but also to equip the saints and become a collective voice and petition before God.  I commend her site for unifying and encouraging the body of Christ to join together in a cord of prayer!  I believe it was Spirit led and IS making a difference."

Thank you Jenni for your nomination!

If you would like to nominate a blog for the B.O.W. Award, click the award button in the right-hand sidebar.

0 comments: