Assembly of God Blogs Recent Posts

Monday

Updates & B.O.W. Award for the Week of 8/25-8/31

A/G Blogs Recent Updates/News:  1.) First names and States are now listed along each blog in the Alphabetical (A-Z) Genre.  2.) There is a new search feature found in the right hand side bar.  Here you can search for blogs by title or subject. (Search results appear at the top of the page.) Aaron from "Iron Sharpens Iron" gave this GREAT idea/ suggestion.  This is what he wrote about the new search feature once it was up... "I tried the search and it's awesome!!! You can connect the search through the blogs. So if you want to look up a subject you'll find all kinds of stuff. Wow this is way better than I thought! Yippeeeeeee!!!!!!!!:-)"  Thanks Aaron for your idea and comments!! Do you have an idea/suggestion for this network site?  Send it to here.   3.)  The scrolling feed reader (in the left hand sidebar) is now longer, and allows you to view more recent posts at a time.  With most browsers, it will stop moving when you move your mouse over the list.   4.) Assembly of God Blogs is now INTERNATIONAL!  Praise the Lord.  We have had three blogs for some time now from Mexico.  That in and of itself is pretty cool.  This past week we added our first overseas blog, from Indonesia.  You will find this blog listed in the "New" genre.  5.) I was hoping the search feature would work with the location as well, but that doesn't seem to be working.  So, I am going ahead and adding the "Location" genre (USA pictured button above).  I'm slowly working on it.  This will take a lot of copying/ pasting and linking.  Thanks for your patience.  I do all this in hopes it will be used.  PLEASE utilize this site, it's here for YOU. 
 B.O.W. Award


1. What is the title of your blog? Connecting Points


2. What is your blog’s address? http://www.pastorrustysblog.blogspot.com/

3. Tell us about yourself.

My name is Rusty Blann, I am Senior Pastor of First Assembly of God in West Memphis, Arkansas. I have been in full time ministry for the past 25 years. I am an avid Arkansas Razorback fan, I love to spend time with my family attending Razorback games. I am married to my College sweet heart and my best friend, Dorinda. We celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary this December.


4. What do you blog about the most? My aim is to share with others what I feel that God is speaking into my life.


5. Do you have any other blogs that you write or co-write? No


6. When did you start blogging? I began to blog last July as we took a missions team to Ecuador. I wanted to be able to communicate with our church family how the trip was going.


7. What or who prompted you to start blogging? My wife was instrumental in my blogging. She kept "encouraging me" until I agreed.


8. How did you learn about Assembly of God Blogs? From my wife. ( http://www.findingtreasureinjarsofclay.blogspot.com/ )
She had communicated with Sharon via email and was very impressed with her vision for this ministry.


9. What has blessed you the most about Assembly of God Blogs? The ease of accessing the blogs of my fellow Assembly of God bloggers.


10. Is there anything that you would like to add? Thank you so much for all of your hard work, and for this award. Blessings!

~      ~      ~      ~      ~      ~      ~      ~      ~
Rusty's Blog was nominated by Dorinda at  Treasures in Jars of Clay
 
Dorinda wrote: 
This is my husband’s blog. He gives such great teachings and devotions from God’s Word. He is the greatest preacher, pastor, and teacher I know! I know I am a little biased, but I think everyone should check it out. :)
 
 
Thank you Dorinda for your nomination!


If you would like to nominate a blog for the B.O.W. Award, click the award button in the right-hand sidebar.

0 comments: