Assembly of God Blogs Recent Posts

Sunday

B.O.W. for 6/30/08

This is the VERY FIRST B.O.W. Award!

Laurie's Blog "Women Taking a Stand" was nominated by Christelle at "Beloved MaMa". 

If you are interested in the B.O.W. Award and/or Nominating an Assembly of God Blog for the award, please click the B.O.W. Award button in the sidebar!





1. What is the title of your blog?


WOMEN TAKING A STAND





2. What is your blogs address?

http://womentakingastand.blogspot.com/



3. Tell us about yourself.

My name is Laurie, and I live in Arkansas where my husband and I are the Associate Pastors of a wonderful First Assembly of God church. We love developing people and one of our hearts cry is Christian Education. I enjoy assisting my husband when he does Christian Education Training, on the district level (as the district AG CE rep) as well as the National level (as a Training Enrichment Clinic Rep for the National AG CE department). I enjoy sharing my personal testimony of how God restored my broken relationship with my birth father after a separation of 40 years, and my hearts passion is to teach women thru women Bible Studies and one on one that God is a God of restoration.

I am self employed, which helps my family financially but allows me to be more free with my time to do ministry. I have been married to my high School sweetheart, Clayton for 27 years. We have four beautiful children; David – 25, Jeremy – 23, Jordan – 18 and Anna – 13. All who love and serve our Lord in ministry.

In my spare time, I love to spend time with my family, especially on retreats at nearby cabins. Writing is a new found passion and I am slowly working towards writing a book someday. Shopping and eating out is a favorite Saturday event!


4. What do you blog about the most?

I enjoy putting together devotions on my blog but I mostly write about things that are near to my heart. Lessons learned from life…the difficult ones and the life changing ones. Every week I have a different poll that readers can vote on which leads me into the next week’s devotion.


5. Do you have any other blogs that you write or co-write?

I also write a prayer blog for our church family

WM First Assembly of God Prays …Prayer Points

http://wmfirstassemblyofgodprays.blogspot.com/

What is that blogs focus ?

Teaching and encouragement about prayer. A weekly Prayer point is shared each week, as well as prayer needs and testimonies of our blogging family (our local church family as well as my blogging friends).


6. When did you start blogging?

January 2008


7. What or who prompted you to start blogging?

I was the administrator of a Christian women’s forum for two years. After reading a book about blogging, I decided to change the forum to a blog instead. (and Glad I did!!)


8. How did you learn about Assembly of God Blogs?

After a feature on CWO, Beloved mama came to my blog site and left me a comment about the AG Blog ring. http://belovedmama.blogspot.com/


9. What has blessed you the most about Assembly of God Blogs?

Connecting with others of the same faith. It encourages me to see how God is using other AG bloggers in cyberspace. For so long the internet has been used for evil but I am seeing how God is turning that around and using our sites to spread His good news!


10. Is there anything that you would like to add?

Don’t get caught up in numbers on the little stat counters…if just one person comes across your blog and hears the message of truth, it is worth it all. We can change the world “one at a time”. Keep sharing Gods light to our darken world!

 
Go visit Laurie, and take a look around her blog.  Comment, and give her a congratulations! 
Be sure to come back often, and check out the "New" Assembly of God Blogs, and the new posts (constantly updated in the left sidebar!).  The next B.O.W. Award will be announced next Monday.

0 comments: